Monday, April 15, 2019

Daisy Chain QAL {Unit D}

Update 8/11/2020 -- This pattern is now available in our Etsy and Payhip shops. Please visit one of those sites to purchase the full pattern.

Are you still stumped by what we've made thus far? Fair warning -- today's clue will probably confuse you more!


This week we are back to making four patches -- sort of. This week we are going to use our strips to make strip sets of 4 fabrics and cross cut them into linear four patches.

Here are the linear four patches from my baby sized quilt; I used the strip pieced stub left from Unit B and some of my shorter strips to make two different versions for variety. You can choose to make these all the same or all different -- do what works best with your fabrics! 


I used the scraps left from Unit B combined with two (2) full WOF strips from the strip pack to make the rest of the necessary linear four patches.



Here's my "two new" WOF strips added to the leftovers from one of my strip sets from Unit B.



I cut as many as I could cut from this 4-wide section and repeated with more Unit B scraps. I had a total of 5 different "patterns" of linear four patches for my twin sized quilt.


If you want to add additional variety to the quilt, you can add your background rectangle to either side of your linear four patch.

If you're planning to just use two or few fabrics for your linear four patches (or are using just a single strip set for the baby quilt) I would highly suggest using the above suggestion and making mirror image border chunks by adding the background rectangles to half of the linear four patches on one side and half on the other side.


Let's check in with some of our blogger guinea pigs -- I mean -- test sewers:

-- Stephanie's Halloween themed quilt is going to be adorable!
-- Christina has very scrappy units!
-- Gene is having fun making "planned random" units.
-- Kate is continuing to use her scrappy tan fabrics.
-- Gail is all caught up and trying to solve the mystery.

Please note that the schedule for the next few weeks is slightly different! In two weeks, on April 29th, we will have a link up to show off where we all are with our block units. The following week on May 6th will be our first top construction week. 

Schedule
Block Units - April 15th <--- That's today!
Top Construction Part 2 - May 20th
Link up/giveaways/quilt parade starts: June 3rd
Link up/giveaways/quilt parade ends: June 17th

1 comment:

  1. I'm a slow guinea pig this week. The business trip last week and coming home with a sinus infection pretty much squished my sewing time this week. But I'll have something to show later today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!