Friday, January 22, 2021

Split Stars {Finished Quilt}

While I made this quilt top all the way back in August, I didn't get it finished until November. 

This quilt was a gift for our friends who also had a baby boy this fall!


I did a simple meander for the quilting and used the coordinating fabrics for the border and the binding. For the backing, I used blue and white plaid flannel.



James let me borrow his crib to model the quilt I made for his new best friend!

Quilt Stats:

Name: Split Stars Baby Quilt

Pattern: Self designed

Fabrics: Venetian Tiles fabric line from Island Batik and coordinating yardage

Techniques: Studio 180 die, free motion quilting

Quilting: meanders

Batting: Hobbs 80/20 batting

Size: 40 inches square

Started: August 2020

Finished: November 2020

Future: Was given as a gift in November



13 comments:

  1. Hooray for finding enough time to finish a quilt for gifting. It's sure to be loved by its new owner.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. James is very gracious to let you use such a great photography prop. I bet the quilt will be well loved and appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the design. Pinning!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it will be a great snuggler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great that James has a built-in friend! And that he's already loaning his stuff for quilt photo shoots :) Love those split blocks, very dynamic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. James is such a good boy. He has already learnt sharing :-) Love the two-tone stars and With the flannel backing it would be a perfectly snuggly quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful quilt. Thanks for sharing! Anyway, Broadway Fabrics is here with an amazing Fabric collection to build quality quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing.
    https://www.bloggercapsule.com/2022/05/3-realistic-ways-to-make-money-online.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!