Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Brutal Honesty {May 2019}

May already looks to be a very busy month! I have a number of secret sewing projects that are in the pipeline and will be shown off relatively soon -- so we'll see what kind of WIP progress I can manage this month.

April was a big month too -- because we had our first-ever Honey, Bunny, and Doll trunk show! It was a great experience and I can't wait to do another! (Tell your LQS that you want Honey, Bunny, and Doll patterns!)


Sent out for quilting, return date TBD:
1. Double Delight -- approximately twin size
2. Good Fortune Mystery Quilt -- small throw size
3. April Showers C2C Bee Quilt -- January UFO project -- queen size

Completed tops:
4. Magnolia Mystery QAL -- No progress
5. Breezy Blooms C2C Bee -- No progress
6. Radiant Jewel Quilt -- April UFO project -- I finished the top in April! I might add a border of the background fabric around the quilt, but otherwise it's ready to be quilted.


Tops partially finished:
7. Romantic Garden Quilt -- No progress
8. Monthly Wall Hangings -- March UFO project -- No progress
9. Pineapple Stash Bee Blocks -- February UFO project -- No progress

Just blocks and units:
10. Sew Kitschy Blocks -- No progress
11. Cubicle Quilts -- No progress
12. Happy Houses blocks -- No progress
13. Birthstone blocks -- No progress
14. Jingle Bell Square -- I now have 12 blocks complete, so I am 25% done with the main blocks.


Quilt alongs and long term projects:
15. Monthly Island Batik Ambassador projects -- In April, our assignment was to make a baby quilt using our Accuquilt Go! cutter. I made a pink, white, and black baby quilt using two alternating block designs. In May, we are tasked with making modern quilts! I'm going to be making a partial version of Cheryl and Paige's Modern Plus Sampler quilt pattern.


16. Daisy Chain Mystery Quilt -- All of the block unit directions have been published (Unit AUnit BUnit C, and Unit Dand next week we'll have the first half of our block construction directions. How is your Daisy Chain quilt coming along?



17. Coast to Coast Bee 2019 -- I have been working on Karen's quilt, and will be posting about my additions to her medallion quilt very soon!

New Projects/Secret Sewing:
18. Halloween Table Runner: This is slated to be shared next week!
19. Christmas Throw Quilt: This is on the schedule for later in May!
20. FQS Hop Quilt: This hop isn't until June so I am not starting it until after the above two projects have been finished and shared. I have all of my supplies waiting at the ready though.

My UFO for April was my Radiant Jewel quilt. I was able to complete the quilt top and it is ready to quilted!

My UFO for May is technically my Double Delight quilt. Since that quilt has already been sent off for quilting and I don't have it in my possession, I'm going to try to catch up with my February and March UFOs (my pineapple quilt and my September mini quilt) instead.

1 comment:

  1. Love your Radiant Jewel quilt, those colors just shine. Good luck with your May goals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!