Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Brutal Honesty {April 2019}

April means springtime and baseball for me -- what does April mean to you? My daffodils started blooming on Sunday.


Park Ranger Husband has been out of town for a few days and I've been busy sewing and spring cleaning.

Ready to Bind:
1. Drift Away Scrap Quilt -- My mom brought this quilt back to me, quilted and ready to be bound!

Sent out for quilting:

When my mom was here, I pulled all three of these tops out and sent them off with her to be mid-arm quilted by her or sent to the long arm quilter.

2. Double Delight -- will have a navy or tan backing
3. Good Fortune Mystery Quilt -- will have a red backing
4. April Showers C2C Bee Quilt -- January UFO project -- Final border has been added -- will have some sort of a blue backing


Completed tops:
5. Magnolia Mystery QAL -- No progress
6. Breezy Blooms C2C Bee -- No progress

Tops partially finished:
7. Romantic Garden Quilt -- No progress
8. Monthly Wall Hangings -- March UFO project - No progress
9. Pineapple Stash Bee Blocks -- February UFO project -- Sashing fabric has arrived, not cut yet

Just blocks and units:
10. Sew Kitschy Blocks -- No progress
11. Cubicle Quilts -- No progress
12. Happy Houses blocks -- No progress
13. Birthstone blocks -- No progress
14. Radiant Jewel Quilt -- No progress

Quilt alongs and long term projects:
15. Monthly Island Batik Ambassador projects -- In March I made a vintage inspired baby quilt. This month I'll be making another baby quilt -- this time focused on using my new Accuquilt Go! Cutter.


16. Daisy Chain Mystery Quilt -- The Daisy Chain QAL is in full swing! As of Monday, we've had three sets of block directions released: Unit A, Unit B, and Unit C. Are you playing along? Do you have guesses on what we're making yet?


17. Coast to Coast Bee 2019 -- I added a round of Rocky Mountain Puzzle blocks to Stephanie's quilt. I have received Karen's quilt to work on in April/May (since we are doing 6-week rounds instead of monthly rounds!) and I am starting to do some brainstorming.


New Projects:
18. Jingle Bell Square -- I have five blocks made of my goal of 50ish. I'd like to have at least a dozen finished blocks by the end of April, but this is not a high priority project.


My UFO for March was my September monthly wall hanging and I didn't even touch that project. :(

My UFO for April is my Radiant Jewel quilt. I have all of the blocks done for the center of the quilt, and now need to make the units for the pieced border.

2 comments:

  1. April means lots of work in the yard and mostly the gardens (herbs, lots of veggies and flowers) for me, and not much time left for quilting...but it is good to be outside in the warmth! You have lots going on! I have 2 quilts going now (the number I try to stick to), and starting a third today (currently quilting one of the others so only "3" for a few days!). April also means Holy Week and Easter, and we're on our last high school track season (we're past the baseball years) with our youngest son. (He'll be a Div 1 athlete next year and their season is pretty much all year long but not sure we'll get to see him much since he'll be so far away.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. April in CO means cleaning up the yard on the nice days and shoveling snow on the others. We get our spring precipitation in the frozen form. This year I am also packing up my place so I can move in May. But I'm keeping my sewing machine free so I can have a little stress relief in between.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!