Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Stephanie's Quilt {C2C Bee 2019}

Being a part of the Coast to Coast bee is one of my favorite things! I just finished up the first assignment for the year.

Stephanie of Quilt'n Party made a beautiful quarter log cabin block as her quilt center. She requested a Southwest inspired quilt featuring richly colored fabrics. She sent a few additional fabrics in her quilt kit in addition to the ones featured here.


I decided to add a grey spacer border before I added my blocks to her quilt.


No Southwest-themed quilt is complete without a bevy of Rocky Mountain Puzzle blocks -- so that's what I got to making! I pulled yellow, orange, magenta, and a aqua/navy print from my stash and used a light blue and a second navy from the fabrics that Stephanie sent for the half square triangles. For the block centers, I used two fabrics left over from my Odori quilt, which I made last year.


Making these blocks from small cuts and scraps was a nice change from the other things I have been working on in recent weeks.


I also used three different backgrounds -- the Art Gallery tribal stripe, a white-on-white feather print, and a white-on-white stripe.

I did plan ahead a little bit so that most of my seams would nest (although not all) so that adding the blocks to the top was not as bulky or cumbersome.


This is ready to go in the mail and get sent off to its next destination -- Texas! I'm excited to see what Audrey added to my quilt and to see Karen's quilt and start planning what to add to it.

Have a lovely Tuesday -- don't forget that the next edition of the Daisy Chain mystery QAL comes out next Monday!

Sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant addition and good for you for using some leftover blocks. I always have trouble with getting all those hst to nest.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this!!! Rocky Mountain Puzzle is one of my favorite blocks that also represents the state I live in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I hope you'll share the complete quilt with us when it finally finishes gallivanting around the country :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Louise...I hope you will share the finished quilts from everyone! Great start here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited the C2C bee is going again and I look forward to seeing all the quilts this year. This is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An inspired addition. Have you ever gotten one of the quilts and just got stuck on what to add?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!