Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Turkey and Tree

Since I actually got my August wall hanging done before the end of August (wahoo!) I started working ahead on the upcoming months. I have October done, but September, November, and December are not. I had the backgrounds all sewn together for November and December, so I cut squares and formulated a plan for September, but haven't sewn anything together for that one.

So while my mom was here and we were sitting around chatting, I got all of my fusible applique pieces cut and ironed on to my backgrounds.

The turkey took BIG pieces and I had a hard time finding pieces big enough! I think he's pretty cute though. 


Here's the gobbler with all of the satin stitching done in brown:


I wasn't sure if I should add anything to the border or not, so I went ahead and did all of my turkey satin stitching and I think now I am just going to add some leaves in each corner. The outer squares on this one are pretty enough on their own, but just the turkey seems a little stark.

And then I made my Christmas tree!


This one I did all red border squares because it just didn't have enough red! This one I was only able to get part of the satin stitching done -- just the tree -- before having to call it a night:


Now the plan is to add some leaves to my turkey and satin stitch those and then the November one will be ready to baste and quilt! I have big plans for quilting this one! And December just needs the satin stitching finished -- nothing else to add! And somewhere in there maybe work on September, since it IS next month...


3 comments:

  1. You have been busy. I love both gobblers. Nice job so far. Hope you finish all in time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! those are amazing! I would be too intimidated to try! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun wall hangings. I love the turkey and your tree is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!