Thursday, August 13, 2015

Frame of Mind Moda Bake Shop Quilt!

I am so excited to FINALLY share my finished quilt for Moda Bake Shop -- Frame of Mind!


I submitted this design way back in June and got the fabric over 4th of July weekend and got right to work! Although, I did finish it juuuust under the wire, but that's the thrill, I guess! I was able to use Stephanie Ryan's new line, Good Karma and I loved every minute of this process!

This is a one block quilt great for confident beginners -- all squares and rectangles and minimal seam matching! It does use partial seams, but one you make a few, you get the process down pat!




You get two different block looks with the two different arrangements of your background and print strips. Alternating your block As and block Bs gives you a great final look!





I did a floral quilting motif (similar to the one I used here) with a swirl as the center of my flower, and then 3 or 4 rounds of petals to make it look more like a chrysanthemum, to pick up the chrysanthemum pattern in some of the fabrics (I used the one print as my backing!)


For the binding I used one of the ziggy stripe prints (and I apologize for not having a gratuitous binding shot!) and it turned out AWESOME. This quilt ends up 75 inches square!

Pop on over to MBS for the full tutorial! Sharing at Finish it up Friday!

13 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Congrats, Alison! I love the pattern that each row makes. It's really unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! This one is so cute. The motion of the offset frames is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Congrats! This is lovely and SUPER fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely an awesome quilt! It would look great in a minimal colour scheme, including red, green, and white for an Christmas quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful quilt - well done! I have just been over to Moda Bake Shop and bookmarked the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic Alison!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a very interesting pattern here, popping over to see how the blocks are put together now

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun pattern. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! And the title is perfect. Congrats on a beautiful finish (and reveal!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this! Imagine how confusing it would look if the outer print strips (the ones that aren't the inner squares, both bock A and B) were the same print? You'd be scratching your head to figure out how it was put together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure how I missed this, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!