Friday, August 28, 2015

Finished Blitzen Basketcase Quilt

It only took three years. but this quilt is finally finished! You can check out finish #1 and finish #2 from this week too!

Click here for all of the posts on this project! This is my first and only Christmas quilt!


This quilt has been three years in the making and I finished the top over a year ago! This is the problem when your preferred long arm quilter is in Michigan!


The border has a leafy vine and the blocks have a scroll work pattern in each block! I am so happy with how this one turned out!


The border is one of the larger scale prints from the line and the backing is one of the green smaller scale prints.


I also used the backing fabric for the binding -- it gives a great green pop around the outside of the red border!


The fabric is Blitzen by Basic Grey and the pattern is Basketcase by Cluck, Cluck, Sew!


Lovely quilting!


Sharing over at Finish it up Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to get it quilted. I have few tops waiting. I'd love to make a Christmas quilt. I love yours.
    Your pattern choice and color/fabric choice is great! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt! This one is on my bucket list, it looks like a fun pattern. Congrats on finish number 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt, and love that fabric line. Those snowmen are just so happy! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like this! Very pretty for a christmas quilt, and all geometric like I like. The green binding around the red border is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on such a beautiful finish! I have been wanting to make a Christmas quilt for a while now.... Thanks so much for this gorgeous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!