When last I posted about this project, I had decided that my turkey wall hanging for November needed some leaves in the corners of the top.
Here's the top all finished and quilted:
I went all out on quilting this one. Each part of the turkey was done with a different style of FMQ.
The turkey's snood (the red part -- I had to look up the real name, I always just call it a gobbler) is overlapping wavy lines (like in this wall hanging). The turkey head and neck is upside down clamshells to make it look like feathers. The leftmost feather is a spikey feather frond. The middle left feather is overlapping straight crosshatching. The center feather (which you can't hardly see the quilting on) is spindly swirls.
The middle right feather is a swirly wood grain pattern. The far right feather is a traditional feather frond. The rest of the quilt is a large meander. I did all of the turkey quilting in brown thread and the meander in the background with off white thread on the front and brown thread on the back.
In this picture of the back you can see some of the quilting on the center feather better.
And this one shows the wood grain pattern feather.
I used the same brown fabric from the backing (left over from this quilt) to bind it. This one turned out so cute! Mr. Turkey probably needs a little button eye before November too.
Come back Friday for Finish #3! Sharing this finish at Free Motion Mavericks!