Monday, August 31, 2015

August Catch All Post

Since today is the last (LAST!) day of August, I figured I should catch up on my "monthly commitments"

This month for the Stash Bee, Jennifer requested round log cabin blocks in rainbow colors. I made her one aqua block and one true blue block since no one had made any in either of those colors yet! I can't wait to see all of her blocks together!



This month's directions for the Meadow Mist Midnight Mystery Quilt had us make fast flying geese with our color C and color D squares that we've already cut! Just a reminder -- here's my fabric:


And here are all my little gooses!


Now I only have to wait a few more days for the September directions! 

In other news, I have a LOT of baby quilts to make -- I had to make a list!
1. September -- this one I am waiting until the baby is born so I can make a boy or girl quilt.
2 & 3. December -- two friends from church are due two days in a row. One is a boy, one is TBA. I'm going to get started on the one that is for sure a boy soon!
4. March -- they're finding out the gender, but not until October since they JUST told me this weekend that they are expecting. 

At least I have lots of reasons to quilt, right?


5 comments:

  1. OMG, I hear you on the baby quilts. I just found out another set of friends are expecting, and they find out gender this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of baby quilts to make! The rainbow log cabins are going to be awesome. Can't go wrong with rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like one can never have enough baby quilts on hand.
    Your flying geese turned out so cool Alison - I'm doing the Midnight Mystery too.
    Really nice work on the stash blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors in your log cabin blocks. I like your fabric choices for the Midnight Mystery quilt. I haven't started on the next set of instructions but hope to over the holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the log cabin blocks! What a great scrap quilt that would make!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!