Friday, September 5, 2014

Finished Argyle Quilt

It's finally finished after a long, long time as a WIP!


This is an embarassing admission, but this quilt has been sitting at my apartment only needing the binding sewn on since May. Oops.



I hand stitched the binding on the back, so it took me quite a few hours of watching The West Wing on Netflix to finish it!


This one is going on our bed later today!




Stats:
Pattern: blocks from Tula Pink's Honey Honey pattern, setting designed myself.
Size: Queen
Fabric: mostly from City Girl line by Kitty Yoshida for Benartex with others mixed in
Quilting: pantograph roses

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday! Wish me luck tomorrow as I am going over to enter quilts in the county fair!

15 comments:

  1. Oh! It's gorgeous! Really love the colors! I just hope that someday I will be able to use the words "finished" and "quilt" in the same sentence! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful finish!! Awesome layout and the colors are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're going to keep it for your bed. Love Tula Pink and your quilt is so pretty. Congrats on the big finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt and design-- I think argyle is in my quilt design future! The colors are sort of Downton Abbey?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Alison,

    it's a wonderful quilt. Beautiful fabrics and colours and your quilting is perfect.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. You better believe I absolutely love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice color choice. I too can extend the period between quilting and binding quite a bit. Between top and quilting too, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything about this is lovely! You're going to smile every time you see it on your bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice Alison will look lovely on the bed

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful finish on a very challenging pattern. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. well worth the wait Allison!! it is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilt, Alison - good luck at the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt! Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome job! thanks for sharing! :) & good luck at the fair!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!