I took the advice of a number of you that suggested that the border needed a little bit of something added -- so I went ahead and added the three little bug-a-boos that the pattern has, but didn't do any other decorating.
I added another quilting pattern to my repertoire -- a branching vine and leaves. This isn't quite a "meander" because I basically went across the quilt in diagonal lines of vines and leaves and made the leaves close enough together from neighboring branches to make it look continuous. One thing I found out in the process was that after I quilted the main diagonal vine from bottom right to upper left, it was easy to add additional branches on the right of the original branch, but much more difficult to add branches to the left. I guess it's just a directional thing -- working in one direction on one side and the opposite direction on the other.
Here's my little bug-a-boos and some closer-up shots of the quilting.
For the backing I used a large piece that was hanging out in my stash. I honestly can't tell you what it is nor where I got it, but it works well with this project nonetheless. The binding is the same fabric that I used for the flowers' stems and leaves.
Another one done, and on to the next one -- sort of. I'm not 100% thrilled with the June design from the pattern book (ants and watermelon) so I'm going to skip ahead and work on my July one in the hopes of getting that one done before the 4th of July.
Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and Free Motion Mavericks!!
Don't forget that the next Row QAL tutorial will be posted on Monday and to follow Honey, Bunny, and Doll on Pinterest!