Tuesday, March 10, 2020

One Die Wonders with Accuquilt and Island Batik {Beginnings}

This month, the project theme for us Island Batik Ambassadors is making one-block quilts using some of the new Block on Board dies from Accuquilt!


For my quilt, I picked the Hattie's Choice Die. As an Island Batik Ambassador, I am provided with samples of various lines of Island Batik fabrics, Aurifil thread, Accuquilt products, and Hobbs Batting to use and share with you!

I used pink and purple scraps as well as about a yard of a cream basic batik to do my cutting. I was able to squeeze out 20 blocks from my fabrics. To keep my pieces and parts together, I pinned each set of block parts together so that it would be easy to make one block at a time.


Cutting all of the pieces and parts for one block on one die rather than using multiple dies to cut multiple shapes takes a little bit of getting used to. I think that this method did waste more fabric but I was less concerned since I was working from scraps to begin with.

Here's my first block:


My plan is to make all of my blocks and then decide on what kind of setting I will use.

Happy Tuesday! I hope that spring is starting to appear in your neighborhood!

5 comments:

  1. Curious,.... do you put three large squares of fabrics and cut?? That would be a waste, or you’d have three full blocks with different colored pieces.... does that make sense????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern and I'm looking forward to seeing what your quilt looks like!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that die. Can't wait to see your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be beautiful as a controlled scrappy quilt! I can't wait to see it come together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color palette you are working with. That looks like a complicated block, but your first one looks great. Looking forward to seeing this one come together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!