Monday, December 9, 2019

Jelly Glazed Hearts Tablerunner {Fat Quarter Shop Hop}

Today I am participating in the Jelly Glazed Hearts tablerunner blog hop with the Fat Quarter Shop! Check out their post on the Jolly Jabber here!

For this project, I picked a mini jelly roll of the new Alma line from the Ruby Star Society and picked one of cream prints for the background fabric.


I picked out eight strips from the jelly roll for my blocks and paired them up.


Next came chopping my strip sets into the correct lengths for each block.


Then I made the heart blocks and added the setting triangles to each block.



This is a really, really long table runner!


I used backing from my stash and quilted this runner with leaves and swirls. I used six of the remaining jelly roll strips to make a scrappy bias binding. (I used this tutorial as my guide.)




This runner is actually just a little bit too big for my table (go figure) so this will likely become a gift!


Check out the other Jelly Glazed Hearts runners on the Jolly Jabber! Get the pattern here! There is also a YouTube video!

Sharing at Wednesday Wait Loss and Needle and Thread Thursday!

7 comments:

  1. It is so cute! I sewed a table runner and it ended up being too long, also. However, I just let it hang over the table and it worked out that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I love the quilting that you did. You're all ready for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute runner, I love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If one only did three hearts would that work better for a normal table;) At any rate it's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Too bad it doesn't work on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilting on this! Sorry you can't keep it because it's so cute! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!