Friday, December 6, 2019

Clue #1 Progress {Frolic Mystery Quilt}

The long wait was over on Friday morning -- the first clue of Bonnie Hunter's annual mystery quilt was released! At the beginning of November, I shared my fabric choices:


Unlike many lucky people, I had to work on Black Friday, so I spent the day chomping at the bit to get home and start on Clue #1.

For Clue #1, we were tasked with making a pile of four patches using our blues and raspberry fabrics. My coral dot print replaces the raspberry scraps and instead of using both my dark blue and dark teal, I just used the dark blue fabric for these units.

I also did my cutting with my Accuquilt cutter -- my mom got me a couple additional dies for my birthday over the summer and the one was the exact size needed for these units!


This is the first time I am attempting to do the full number of units for each clue -- my first two mysteries, I did half as many units for each clue. Doing the full number of units this time was not unbearable, but I will admit my sewing went very quickly because I wasn't going full-scrappy for this clue.


While I was pressing my units and spinning seams, I had things set out on a side table in my living room with one of my nativity sets.


Clue #2 will be out today -- and we'll see what that will be. My plan for tonight is to press the fabrics used in Clue #2 and start some of the cutting while watching a Hallmark movie or two.

Are you participating in the Frolic mystery this year? What other holiday sewing are you working on this month?

3 comments:

  1. It's a busy sewing month for me. I'm finishing an I Spy for the 2yo grand-nephew, placemats for SIL, bed runner for MIL, and a bi-weekly QAL and a weekly QAL. Too much! I had to shelve a t-shirt quilt for daughter until after the new year. But I love to do this, so not really complaining! I think I'm doing Frolic; I seem to be gathering raspberry fabrics so.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm saving all the clues for Frolic...I don't do well with giving up that much control over my quilts!!! However, I do really like her color choices this year, because I love raspberry!! I am looking forward to seeing your colors work in this quilt...coral is another lovely color. I'm always happy when she doesn't include cheddar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does seem to go faster when you aren't going scrappy. Congrats on getting all the units done. I decided to go with half the units this year and that's working well for me so far. Clue 2 is done and I'm almost caught up with clue 1. Clue 3 is out this morning. That won't be to bad either.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!