Friday, October 25, 2019

Little Lady Quilt {Finished Baby Quilt}

I have a finish to share today, and I'm going to embarrass myself in the process!

I have been in a major "sort it, use it, organize it, clear it out" mood with my sewing room and quilting supplies. Before we moved, I did not get to to the reorganization and purge that I envisioned -- because we moved up our moving date, everything went from the shelves and bins straight to the moving boxes and then back on the shelves.

So imagine my surprise when I was looking for something else and I found this baby quilt top at the bottom of a pile of projects:


I had to go back three and a half years to find when I had made this quilt top. This was two apartments ago! I made this quilt top using the Jelly Roll Jam 2 pattern from the Fat Quarter shop using scrappy fat quarters left over from other baby quilt projects and I just made as many blocks as I could make with the scraps that I had.

This project somehow has escaped being placed on my running WIP list; I decided that instead of adding it to the list "officially" I would do my best to finish it up in October.

I found a piece of fabric big enough to use for backing left over from my Summer on the Coast quilt. I guess that I had really over-estimated how much backing and binding fabric I needed!

I didn't find light brown thread in my stash that I liked (the ones I have are too yellow/too gold), so I just used white thread to quilt this one instead. I decided to use a red solid fat quarter to make bias binding for this quilt.

Zippidee do dah -- a finished baby quilt!




Sharing at Peacock Party and Brag about your Beauties! And Needle and Thread Thursday too!

Quilt Stats:
Name: Little Lady Quilt
Pattern: Jelly Roll Jam 2 from Fat Quarter shop
Fabrics: fat quarter bundle of baby girl fabrics
Techniques: strip piecing, free motion quilting
Quilting: Free motion meanders
Size: 40" x 36"
Batting: scrap batting
Started: February 2016 (yikes!)
Finished: October 2019 
Future: Baby quilt/TBD

12 comments:

  1. This is a sweet little crib quilt, very girly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy discovery and lovely finish! I wouldn't be able to forget about as-yet-unfinished pieced tops as you did. Those WIPs are a heavy burden that I carry everywhere -- ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for completions no matter how old the UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a very happy quilt and hooray for finding it and getting it finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at that! You found a finished baby quilt in your stash. OK, it needed a FEW more minutes of work, but it was practically done. And super cute, to boot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this baby quilt. I wouldn't have thought a red binding would work so well but it's perfect! A great finish and a UFO finished. A double win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on a great find and finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allison, you did a great job finishing your sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A cute baby quilt. I love the red binding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute. It's so easy to loose things when moving. What a fun bonus and easy finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The red. I ding works well. Aren't you lucky to find this one for a quick finish

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sweet! And it's great you were able to finish it so quickly--once you found it again, that is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!