Friday, July 5, 2019

Back Home {C2C 2019}

My big blocks have returned to me, and now I have the very tough decision of how to finish this quilt.

Here are all four of my blocks together:


Top row: Stephanie's block, Audrey's block
Bottom row: my block, Karen's block

As a reminder, my blocks are 18.5" unfinished. My original thought was that I would just add navy solid as the sashing and borders so that the quilt blocks would float.

Now I'm wondering about doing something a little more spiffy. I need to do some math and see how much fabric I have left. Adding 2.5" sashings would result in a 42" finished quilt. I could also do a simple sashing and some sort of pieced border, too.

What are your thoughts? Do you like big block quilts?

5 comments:

  1. I love big blocks! I think you should do some placement where the Lone Star block is the star of the show, it is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great. I hope you have enough fabric to do add to it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like big blocks... I cannot lie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Stephanie's comment! I like them, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how quickly quilts come together when I've used big blocks. I don't always like making them. I agree with Liz, I think having the lone star at the center would be stunning. But this will look great no matter what layout you choose!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!