Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Audrey's Quilt {C2C 2019}

These blocks wrap up my commitment to the Coast to Coast traveling bee for 2019!

Audrey requested that we make blocks for a row quilt using white solid and Bonnie and Camille fabrics from the Happy-Go-Lucky line. She also asked that we pick blocks that remind us of our grandmothers.

Audrey made Granny Squares, Karen made Grandmother's fans, and Stephanie made Hungarian Posy blocks (a block she designed herself based on her grandmother's embroidery!)

For my blocks, I decided to go with -- baskets! The pattern I used was technically for an 8" block but I scaled it up to make 12" blocks.

Here's the first block that I used as my test block:


Since she requested enough blocks for a 72" row of blocks, I made six basket blocks.


This is (finally) on its way to Audrey and I will be showing off my blocks on Friday!

Sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Classic blocks in pretty fabrics! My grandmother would have loved these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your basket blocks. They turned out wonderful! This is going to be such a sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!