Friday, July 19, 2019

A Little Jingle-Jangling {Scrappy Sewing}

Back in April, I had gotten to a stopping point with my scrappy Jingle Bell Square blocks since I had exhausted my stash of neutral fabrics. Since then, I made and completed my Christmas Churns quilt for Moda Bake Shop using the Little Tree line -- now I have new piles of scraps to work with for this project.

I made a batch of five blocks that used the Little Tree fabrics exclusively, with the exception of the black and cream dot fabric in the bottom row of blocks.


Before I started working on these blocks again this week, I took some time to sort out some of the parts I had already prepared -- some squares and strips cut in the correct sizes as well as some sets of corner QSTs. I also pulled out some of the fabric scraps that are just too small for this project; despite my efforts, the Christmas scraps continue to languish!

The next set of blocks I worked on have a mixture of the newer Little Tree fabrics and my older Christmas scraps.


That brings me to a total of 21 blocks, and now I have just over 40% of my blocks done.

Sharing at Oh Scrap!

1 comment:

  1. What a great project to use up those small bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!