Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Blocked Rainbow {Finished Twin Quilt}

My twin sized version of my Blocked Rainbow pattern is finally complete! This pattern was our QAL in Spring 2018 and I had made the throw size version in 2017 with fabrics from Benartex. I did actually finish this in December 2018, but we have been racing around nonstop since December 22nd between traveling for Christmas, packing, and moving. Things have finally settled down and I finally was able to snap pictures of this finish!


I made this version of the quilt using Island Batik fabrics and Kona Black as the background. I considered quilting this top myself but after seeing my mom's version of the quilt finished with a simple pantograph, I decided that I wanted the same for my own quilt in black thread!


The backing is a crosshatch grass green extra wide fabric. The binding is also Island Batik -- I believe it is specifically from the Morning Sunshine line but it is an all-over rainbow batik. 


I'm not sure what I'll be doing with this quilt just yet but I am just happy to have it finished! The pattern is available on both Payhip and Etsy. 



Quilt Stats:
Name: Blocked Rainbow
Pattern: Blocked Rainbow, twin version
Size: 99" x 72"
Fabrics: Kona Black background, various Island Batik fabrics
Quilting: pantographed loops
Started: February 2018
Finished: December 2018

Sharing at Let's Bee Social and Needle and Thread Thursday! And Brag about your Beauties!

10 comments:

  1. Its a gorgeous bright rainbow quilt! The black background really makes the design stand out as well as the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it against the back background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so beautiful! I love rainbows on dark fabrics, because it's the impossible rainbow! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely bright finish. The binding is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous! Congrats on such a bright and fabulous finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilt!! I love how you used the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the black background, it really makes those colors pop! Congrats on a gorgeous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!