Monday, January 21, 2019

Good Fortune {Clue #7 and Making Blocks}

Moving has (understandably) put me slightly behind schedule for my Good Fortune quilt. However, I now have a mostly operable sewing space (hooray) and managed to squeak in Clue #7 and some block construction.

For Clue #7, we made some of the units we needed for block construction. I made the 16 patch units first.


Next up were the four-HST chains. These will be used in the border and I made each of these units the same.


At this point, I realized that I needed to make a few more HSTs for my spinning star blocks. I picked a fabric that I hadn't used yet for HSTs and made about a dozen more HSTs.


These were added in with the rest of my HSTs to make the HST pairs for the spinning star units.


I also sewed up the chain blocks that use the 16 patch units, more four patches, and the scrappy string rectangles. These were quick and easy with minimal matching. I'm very happy with my choice to substitute aqua for orange in my quilt!


My plan for this week is to get my spinning star blocks put together and then put the center of the quilt together. After that, I will have to measure, count, and perhaps make additional border units, depending on how many I actually need. Making half of what Bonnie directs has put me pretty close for what I need but hopefully I won't have to make too many more of those tiny green triangles!

Tomorrow is my day for the Getaway Blog hop! I am so excited to show you my new version of our Dashing to the Chapel pattern!

3 comments:

  1. Aqua was a great choice. It looks terrific against the red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your sewing space is set up enough to start sewing in your new home. Looks like great progress on the mystery to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!