Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Donuts {Finished Block Sections}

Once I got to a stopping point with my Double Delight quilt, I pulled out my Donuts block sections to assess how much more I needed to do. I found that I needed five more sets of block sections in mainly lighter shades of blue, aqua, and green.

I made one light aqua, one more medium aqua, one medium-to-dark teal greens, one light green, and one light blue set of block sections.


Now all 18 sets of block sections are complete!


This quilt is one that is going to need to be laid out strategically and it would be helpful if I had a design wall for constructing the quilt. I am pretty sure that I am going to use a grey shade of Kona as the background but I'll have to see how much I'll need before I decide what color. 

This quilt was a good choice for my slightly larger scraps and strips, but I ended up with a lot of little bits and bobs from trimming the blocks and I'm not exactly sure how best to use them. They could easily make some scrappy slabs, but they could also work for some of the other projects in No Scrap Left Behind. And so the scrap cycle continues!

Sharing at Let's Bee SocialNeedle and Thread Thursday, and Oh Scrap!

6 comments:

  1. Looks to be a great project. I keep thinking about a scrap project to get rid of mine, but haven’t settled on one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the variety of fabrics and colors you're using!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scrappiness of it! All these colors are great, and I have no idea how it will look at the end but I'm excited to see how you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a nice fade in color and in tone across those blocks. They should be a lot of fun to work into a setting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty colors! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!