Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Brutal Honesty {October 2017}

I can't believe it's October already! Let's get down to business and go through this list.

These were my goals for September:

Here are my goals for September:
1. Make and complete my projects with September deadlines
     a. Benartex Amanda Murphy Hop project - Done!
     b. Fat Quarter Shop project - Done!
2. Finish Stash Bee Star Quilt - Not quite finished but lots of progress!
3. Start October Island Batik Ambassador project - First post here!

Not a lot of progress was made on the other WIPs, unfortunately:

1. Farmer's Wife Quilt (RSC 2016 project) -- My mom picked this quilt up from the long arm quilter and I'll have it back the next time I see her!

2. Traveling Quilt Bee (2016) -- With my sister for her to add on at her convenience.

3. Coast to Coast Bee -- Still trying to make a border decision.

4. Stash Bee Star quilt -- I done quite a bit of quilting on this and will have an update post ready for Friday!


5. Top Spin leaders and enders -- I have 40 blocks done and only 8 to go!


6. Meadow Mystery QAL -- Ready to quilt once my Star Quilt is done - just need piece and press the backing!

7. Pineapple Stash Bee Blocks -- No progress

8. Summer on the Coast Quilt -- No progress

9. Monthly Wall Hangings -- No progress

10. Sew Kitschy Blocks -- No progress

11. Romantic Garden Quilt -- No progress

12. Mini Monthly Wall Hangings -- No progress

13. Happy Houses blocks -- My September blocks are done and my October houses will be pink. I will need to make one more house in each color to get to 48 blocks.


14. Birthstone blocks -- No progress

15. Monthly Island Batik Ambassador projects -- Since my September project was done the first week of the month! My October project is already started and you can see the first post here.


16. Gathering Mystery Quilt with Cora's Quilts -- Taken to the long arm quilter. Can't wait to see it!

17. Magnolia Mystery QAL -- Done with my September "assignment" and ready for the October edition when I get back from vacation.



18 and 19. Blue in Bloom quilts -- Both tops are done and ready to be quilted once I finish some other projects with earlier deadlines. I bought a backing for the blue quilt over the weekend, so I now have backings for both!

New projects:

I started a new scrappy leader and ender project that is going to be a secret for the time being since it is a gift. It should be quick start to finish.

Here are my goals for October:

1. Finish Stash Bee Star Quilt
2. Finish October IBA project
3. Start quilting Meadow Mystery Quilt
4. Put together Top Spin top

Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the wonderful productivity in September and I hope October is just as great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a lot of fun on your plate for September...you accomplished quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of irons in the fire, Alison! Nice to have so much variety to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite a list! I hope you can get a lot more done in October (September was busy already!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many pretties in the works! Loving the colors in Top Spin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard to touch everything in a month. You made good progress last month. Enjoy your vacation this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!