Saturday, December 17, 2016

Farmer's Wife {In Rows}

The first thing I've been working on from my December WIP-busting list is my Farmer's Wife quilt that I have been working on as a part of the 2016 Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

I decided to lay out my blocks in a rainbow ombre fashion (that's the best way that I can describe it!) starting with brown at the upper left corner, then progressing through orange, yellow, green, teal, blue, purple, red, and finally pink in the lower right corner.


Originally, I had planned to use my neutral sashing and triangle fabric with cornerstones, but ultimately decided against it because it was going to be a lot more work. Sure, it would definitely look neat-o, but I think the blocks will "float" more without cornerstones.

I decided to use 1 inch finished sashing for this quilt since the blocks are 6 inches finished. I worked on two rows at a time to get the blocks, sashing strips, and setting triangles into rows.

My goal today is to get the top all together and figure out if it needs borders or not. Sharing at Scrap Happy Saturday!

15 comments:

  1. So fun to see everyone's projects coming together for RSC. Good luck in meeting your goal, it's gonna be a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the on point setting. Gonna be a beauty when done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a lot of work, and it looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is going to be AMAZING!! Best of luck with the finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just beautiful, Alison! What an accomplishment for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've enjoyed watching you make these blocks all year, and the finished quilt is going to be a stunner! Love the gradient setting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks incredible! Eep! It was super fun watching your block progress this year, but seeing it like this is even funner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking so good, I have told myself Imust finally get mine done in 017 so will have to resist BOMs etc

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good - love all the colors playing together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a fun rainbow scrap quilt! Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layout. I agree, don't think it needs the cornerstones.
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, what a beautiful layout. It's going to be a fantastic quilt and I can't wait to see how it came together and if you decide to add borders or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's going to be a beautiful and colorful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That's a lot of work! It looks great so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!