Saturday, October 29, 2011

Playing catch-up

I've been working on making some placemats from the scraps left over from my Stairsteps to Paradise jelly roll quilt. I'm planning on putting together a tutorial once they are finished, so that's exciting! Check things out so far:


The sashings for the snowflakes are pinned for the first side. They need to be sewn and pressed and then the second side added. And then I have to figure out how to lay them all out so that similar colors aren't too close to one another. But these have been pinned for almost a week and I haven't touched them.

We also managed to get a few jelly rolls and other fabrics on sale.



Over the summer, I had bought a yard of fabric and a canvas to staple it to for art for my living room. I just got staples for my borrowed staple gun. My dad helped me to staple the fabric and ribbon to the canvas and here is the finished project!


Now I just need to attach some hardware so I can hang it on the wall! Such a good feeling of accomplishment...and such an easy thing to put together! (Also, the ribbon is woven, which is also pretty easy.)

So, have a wonderful rest of your Halloween weekend! Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!