Monday, March 30, 2020

Hattie's Choice {Finished One Die Wonder Quilt}

When last I posted about this quilt, I thought that I would be adding a border -- and then I started digging through my Island Batik stash only to realize that I only had one half yard of purple and no other pink or purple to use to finish this quilt! Oops! So instead, I decided to quilt this quilt as is -- a bitty baby quilt -- and use a neutral dot batik for the backing.

As an Island Batik Ambassador, I am provided with samples of various lines of Island Batik fabrics, Aurifil thread, Accuquilt products, and Hobbs Batting to use and share with you!

For the batting, I had a small sized Hobbs Thermore batting left over from last year's Island Batik Ambassador box which was a good fit for this quilt.

Here's the quilt post-quilting, pre-trim.


I used purple Aurifil thread in the pink and purple areas to quilt simple arch dot-to-dot style designs. In the background, I used a gold-tan Aurifil thread to quilt simple meanders.

I used my last purple half yard for the binding, as I mentioned above! For some reason, right now I have A LOT of blue and green batiks hanging around.

And voila -- a finished quilt!


Here's a close up of blocks which shows off some of the quilting a little bit better:


The backing is a dingy white-grey print, which shows off the quilting quite a lot!


I machine stitched the binding to the front of the quilt and hand stitched it to the back during our copious indoor time this weekend. Here in PA it rained the entire weekend, which was rather unwelcome after spending the week indoors working from home.

Happy Monday to you! I hope that you have plenty to keep you busy! If not, don't forget that all of our Honey, Bunny, and Doll PDF patterns are 20% off until April 16th!

Quilt Stats:
Name: Hattie's Choice quilt
Pattern: Hattie's Choice block-on-board pattern from Accuquilt
Fabrics: Island Batik scraps
Techniques: free motion quilting, Accuquilt cutting and piecing
Quilting: Free motion dot-to-dot designs and meanders
Size: 40" x 32"
Batting: Hobbs Thermore
Started: February 2020
Finished: March 2020
Future: TBD

Sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you surveyed what fabric you had left before deciding to continue on. It makes for a very lovely baby quilt finish!

    I hear you on the weather outside being unfortunate. We've had rain, snow, sleet, and high winds for 3 weeks now. I'm truly ready for a bit warmer (and nicer) weather so I can get outside a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when that happens - but you made it work beautifully. I love the colors in this and it will be a sweet baby quilt. The BOB is a fun one, and a block I had not really paid a lot of attention to until now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love how the checkered fabric looks in this!!!!! Really pretty, and while I'm sorry you ran out of fabric, I think it's a cute size! Fun finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even count how many times I've been just a little bit short of fabric to finish off a quilt! This is a beautiful little baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!