Friday, February 14, 2020

Stitching Shenanigans {Frolic Mystery Quilt}

After posting my last Frolic update, the first thing that I did was to fix the block that had the mistake. It took prepping that blog post to realize there was even a corner unit twisted around -- oops!

After a fairly productive few days of sewing, I am now up to a total of 17 blocks. I snapped a pic of the first 16 together before I finished number 17.

I have less than 10 navy blue blocks to go. I have sewn up all of the side flying geese pairs...

... except that I need to press the remaining pairs.

I still have quite a few corner units to sew as well. This will be my first task this weekend.

Once I use up all of these units, that means I have reached the end of the navy blue set of Frolic blocks. If I was going with the original quilt plan, I would be switching over to making the half and quarter blocks, however, I am going to make an additional set of full blocks and skip the half and quarter blocks. I have to switch gears and get back into unit making but I will be taking a break to work on my February Island Batik Ambassador project.

Happy Friday! What are you working on this weekend?


  1. You're doing great. I've only finished ten blocks but I have the rest of them kitted. This blocks takes some concentration (and lots of ironing) so I'm not in any hurry. Sometimes I just want to sew and not think and this certainly isn't the block for that frame of mind!

  2. I had that problem too! It's easy to do!
    Your blocks are so pretty... must be a pleasure to sew, even with the mistakes!

  3. You've made really good progress. Those blocks take some time to make even when you have all the component parts made!


Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!