Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Brutal Honesty {January 2020}

Happy New Year!


December (and honestly November too) was a complete blur and I barely scratched the surface of my to do list -- I even put off a project I had originally planned as a Christmas gift. There were a lot of days where all my brain could handle after work was snuggling on the couch with tea and a Hallmark Christmas movie.

Just for fun, I went through and put asterisks by the projects that were on this list one year ago. (Or maybe not for fun, maybe more for personal accountability.)

Completed tops:
1.* Breezy Blooms C2C Bee -- No progress
2.* Radiant Jewel Quilt -- Pinned, ready to quilt, have thread
3. Daisy Chain Quilt -- No progress
4. Rail Fence Baby Quilt -- Have leftover flannel for backing.

Tops partially finished:
5.* Romantic Garden Quilt -- No progress
6.* Monthly Wall Hangings -- No progress
7.* Pineapple Stash Bee Blocks -- No progress
8. Not Quite Christmas Ribbons -- No progress

Just blocks and units:
9.* Sew Kitschy Blocks -- No progress
10.* Cubicle Quilts -- No progress
11.* Happy Houses blocks -- No progress
12.* Birthstone blocks -- No progress
13. Jingle Bell Square -- I made 6 blocks in December and a lot of block units for future use. I really wanted this to be a finished top in 2019, but alas, I still need to make about a dozen blocks.
14. Big Block C2C Bee Quilt -- No Progress
15. Marigold Quilt -- No Progress
16. Pave the Way Quilt -- No Progress

Quilt alongs and long term projects:
17. Monthly Island Batik Ambassador projects -- In December, I took a semi-unplanned but much needed break. In January, I will be showing off what arrived in my newest IBA box and sharing some scrappy project ideas!

18. Mosaic Mystery Quilt -- I have completed all of the units and in January we will start putting the quilt top together!


19. Frolic Mystery Quilt -- I have completed clues 1 through 3, and have started on clue 5! I need to get some additional aqua fabric for clue #4, but should be able to work on clue #6 in the meantime.




My UFO for December was my Romantic Garden quilt and that did not get touched. I'm not sure if I am going to continue with the previous "UFO of the month" system I was using because it was not very effective for me.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes our plans just don't work out so well. I'm always amazed at how much you working girls get done while holding down full-time jobs. I'm retired and do't do as much as many of you. Now that the holidays are over, maybe things will settle down and progress will be made.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a list. Good luck. Yeah for unplanned break. I had a bit of a break, and it felt good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your lists. I have learned that life goes and we get to things as we can. I try not to sweat it but keep moving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some months it's hard to be motivated. You still had a really productive 2019, so even though you've got a lot of "no progress", you still got things off the list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!