Friday, September 20, 2019

Ohio Star Quilt {Finished Quilt}

Hip hip hooray -- another finished quilt to cross off my list!


As I shared earlier this week, I quilted this quilt over the weekend. I used a tan/gold Aurifil thread for the quilting in both the top and the bobbin. It's slightly darker than the background fabric, but blends well with the block piece and on the back. I had a perfectly sized Hobbs Cotton/Wool blend batting to use with this quilt too.


A simple meander is sometimes all you need for a beautiful quilt!



For the binding, I used the leftover green fabric from the backing. I had originally set aside a piece of purple fabric for the binding, but liked how the darker green fabric finishes the quilt.



This mushroom print is my favorite of the prints that I used on the back that didn't make it in the top of the quilt. I have set aside all of the leftovers from this quilt for a giveaway -- keep your eyes peeled for that sometime next week!


As an Island Batik Ambassador, I am provided with samples of various lines of Island Batik fabrics, Aurifil thread, Accuquilt products, and Hobbs Batting to use and share with you!

Quilt stats:
Name: Ohio Star Baby Quilt
Pattern: None, Ohio Star blocks sashed with 1.5" strips
Fabrics: Quiet Shades fabrics from Island Batik
Techniques: Accuquilt cutting, free motion quilting
Quilting: all over meander with gold Aurifil thread 50 wt.
Size: 53" square
Batting: Hobbs Cotton/Wool blend
Started: August 2019
Finished: September 2019
Future: TBD

Sharing at Brag About your BeautiesPeacock Party, and Moving it Forward!

PS. Join me for a fall QAL featuring our Faceted patterns!

Sharing at Show Me Something {Purple} at Sarah Goer Quilts for January 2020!

10 comments:

  1. I love the pastel goodness of this one! Congratulations on a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quiet shades, I'm saving mine for the perfect pattern. Whatever that may be. Your quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the Ohio stars in the soft, pretty pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors in this quilt, so soft. I don't think it would have occurred to me to use these colors together.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the green, purple, and yellow combination in this quilt! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a quilt with such a quiet pallet. It’s very restful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely. The green binding gives it a charming finish. I love the Quiet Shades collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely quilt, it has a peaceful feeling to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on a very pretty finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such sweet soft shades! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely soft colors. You can't go wrong with scrappy star blocks! Reminds me of your quilt from Stash Bee way back in 2015. Thanks for linking up with Show Me Something Purple.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!