Monday, August 12, 2019

Catch a Falling Star {Starburst in Progress}

I've been putting the pedal to the metal (or really, my hardwood floors) on my paper pieced Starburst blocks for this month's Island Batik Ambassador challenge!


For this installment of creating my constellation with fabrics, I've finished up blocks 2 through 5.






Here are these four blocks together:


So far, the darker blue-grey and the tan batiks are the two non-strip fabrics I have mixed into my blocks. I'd like as much of the block piecing as possible to come from my 2.5" strips but the first couple blocks have quite a bit of piecing that requires pieces wider than 2.5".

Only four more blocks to go! Get your own copy of Starbursts on Etsy! As an Island Batik Ambassador, I am provided with samples of various lines of Island Batik fabrics, Aurifil thread, and Hobbs Batting to use and share with you

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love that seafoam green that is in two of the blocks! Love these blocks so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks! I really should finish my set. I have the patterns, just haven't worked on them in awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!