Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Modern with a Twist in Modern by the Yard

The latest issue of Modern by the Yard is out today and I have a block featured in the Modern with a Twist section!


For this issue, we worked with log cabin blocks to make them more modern. I decided to add additional piecing to the rounds of logs for my block. I used fabrics from the By Hand collected and a grey textured blender for my design.


This design has many possibilities for secondary designs! My idea for a full quilt is adding sashing between the blocks that also has pieced sections to make diamonds that connect the larger center squares.


Make sure to check out everything in the new issue of Modern by the Yard!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great way to modify the log cabin. Congrats on being in another magazine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!