Friday, November 30, 2018

Donuts {Finished Quilt}

Writing about this quilt makes me hungry! I took this quilt top with me to Michigan in August and my mom did some simple meandering on her mid-arm. It's so nice to have this finished!


The grey thread that my mom used has a slight variegation to it which gives another fun dimension to this quilt!


I love looking at this quilt and thinking about where some of the scraps originated! The fish print in the dusty blue block below came from a scrap bag I bought on vacation in Amish country last October.


For the backing, I picked a teal dot extra wide backing fabric. My mom also trimmed the quilt and bound it for me using the same backing fabric.


It's nice to have a few quilts with a slightly more manly feel to them!


And unlike Wednesday when I was fighting the wind with my Quarter Cabin quilt, the weather was cooperative today and I wasn't worried about my quilt blowing away!


Once again, a huge thank you goes to Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts for including this amazing quilt in your book! I am so happy to have another quilt finished for this year!

Quilt Stats:
Name: Sea Glass Donuts
Pattern: Donuts (the size of your head!) from No Scrap Left Behind by Amanda Jean Nyberg
Size: 90" x 66"
Fabrics: Scraps and Kona Shadow
Quilting: Meandering by my mom
Started: November 2017
Finished: November 2018

Sharing at Brag about your Beauties and Finish it up Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Alison! What a fun finish for you. Not only to look at the fabrics from different earlier projects and to remember them fondly, but also that your mom quilted it! That is a wonderful win/win in my book. It really is a beauty and the different fabrics you chose with the layout is just fab. Happy Happy Friday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun finish! I love how scrappy quilts can help us look back and reminisce on other projects we have created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very beautiful! I love the scrappy donuts, and the low volume background is fabulous too. So much dimension, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really neat scrap quilt - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have great scraps! They make a wonderful foundation for this neat pattern. Congrats on the finish, so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely quilt! Great use of the scraps :) Enjoy your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finish! I agree: It's fun to remember where different scraps came from, and it's nice to have a quilt with a more masculine palette on hand.

    BTW: My mom quilts, too. But she's never quilted or trimmed or and bound a project for me. I need to do something about that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!