Friday, November 9, 2018

Cozy Cabins {Quilt Top}

As an Island Batik Ambassador, I am provided with samples of various lines of Island Batik fabrics to use and share with you!


Log cabin month rolls on for the Ambassadors! Make sure to check out the Island Batik Facebook page to see what the other Ambassadors have been making!

My quick and easy blocks were so quick and easy that I forgot to take a picture of all of them before I put them into the quilt top!

These blocks...


...(and a few more just like them) became this quilt top!


My original plan was a 5 block by 5 block quilt that would be square set but that would have only been about 45" square. I decided that putting it on point and using the checkerboard batik in teal as the setting triangles would help the quilt "grow" slightly. This fabric looks great with the other geometric-inspired prints.

I did cut my setting triangles slightly larger than necessary to make it easier to square up the quilt and now the quilt is about 52" square. While my options might be slightly more limited, I am going to try to find some 60" wide fabric to use for backing.

This weekend will likely be a non-sewing weekend with family in town but it will be a nice break from how busy we've been in the last few weeks! Have a wonderful weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Nicely done! That checkerboard is perfect for your setting triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setting the blocks on point was a great choice to showcase the fabric, Alison. I hope you have a wonderful weekend visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beeeeautiful! I love the blocks on point, it's a little more unexpected and that's always great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is a great log cabin top! Very modern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you made this one "grow"!! Beautiful fabrics...I'm thinking this pattern would make a great QoV too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great weekend. You can try a cuddly fabric, minkee like, for the back, if you like. I use it for baby size quilts. I pick one that doesn't have too much stretch, and it's not difficult to quilt. Have fun, the top is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that one came together really quickly and turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that you set these blocks on point! They look terrific that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool quilt. I like the way you set the blocks and the checkerboard is a great accent for those geometric fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quilt. Love the checkered background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!