Friday, October 5, 2018

Of Borders and Babies {Shopping Spree}

It's the last quarter of the year, and that means it's time to focus on finishes, finishes, and more finishes so that there just might be the possibility that I could end the year with less than 15 WIPs. I'm also itching to get some quilts out of my house, either by gift or by sale, so I have fewer to move when we manage to buy a house.

So the logical thing for me to do was to go fabric shopping, right? Right -- because everything I bought (well, nearly everything) has been for finishing projects!

I have complained to a number of people recently that I have given seven baby girl quilts in a row and we've had no baby boys in our circle since a coworker had a boy over two years ago! Well ask and ye shall receive -- friends are having TWIN boys later this year. And of course, my already-made, ready-to-gift quilts won't work! So I'll be making matching baseball themed baby quilts out of this adorable Peanuts fabric:


My plan is to use our Ready, Set, Soar! pattern to make matching quilts with baseball appliques. I might use different colors for the bindings and backings. 

I also recently learned that a new to me quilt shop moved into my town and this past weekend was their big pre-quilt market sale! I had a lovely time visiting Charlotte's Cottage quilt shop, chatting with the owner, and picking out border fabric for not one, but two quilts!

I picked out the burgundy floral for my Double Delight quilt. The blue geometric print will be the final border on my Drift Away quilt.


I also might have just picked up a few things on sale just for stashing...


When I put the flower pot print in my cart, I had no idea how large the print was! I have a larger cut of this -- 1.25 yards -- so it might get used for a backing of some sort.

Happy Friday to you! No finishes here this week, but feeling a little bit accomplished with projects I can't share yet! 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on home buying, that's an exciting milestone. Ask and you shall receive, huh? I think the baseball quilts are going to be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a stash refresh is just a requirement. Good luck with the house hunting. That's both exciting and a little scary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!