Monday, June 25, 2018

Double Delight {Completed Quilt Top}

Since I had not one, but two Saturdays last week because I took Friday off work, I was able to get two quilt tops done! One is an upcoming project for Moda Bake Shop that I've been sharing sneak peaks of on Instagram.

But I also finished my Double Delight quilt top! (Pattern from Bonnie Hunter's free pattern tab!) I spent a long time trying to figure out what color to use as the setting triangles. I thought I had a few options in my stash, but I wasn't thrilled with any of them. One navy was too large a print, one burgundy was too red, one burgundy was too purple!

In perusing the Fat Quarter Shop birthday week sales, I found a great chartreuse and cream print that is actually from the North Woods line by Kate Spain. Even though it's *technically* a Christmas print, it is the perfect color for this quilt!


This photo was taken about 2/3rds of the way through sewing the rows together. Working on quilts that are on point always ends up with a big bulk of quilt to wrangle! Even with straight set quilts of the same size, the on point quilts always seem to be more difficult to wrangle.


I think the green setting triangles really makes the rolling star blocks shine in the quilt! All of the different pinks blend together so well -- I was worried that the brighter pinks that I had to use towards the end of the process of making nine-patches would be too bright! I am not exaggerating when I say that I used ALL of my pink scraps!

Now I'll need to decide if this quilt needs any borders. The quilt as is is approximately 64 by 76 so right now it would make a perfect throw, but with a little bit of border it would be a twin. Decisions, decisions!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Thank you everyone for the kind words about my 30 Pearls quilt and the lovely birthday wishes!

Sharing with Oh ScrapLinky Tuesday Let's Bee Social, and Needle and Thread Thursday.

PS. Don't forget to check out my Island Batik giveaway! I cleaned out my IB bins and pulled a gallon sized bag worth of scraps to pass along to some winners!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comments! I've been doing my best to respond to all of the comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice. that is a very striking secondary pattern too.

      Delete
  2. The green print is perfect, Alison, and I love how it came together for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That green really frames those blocks nicely. Great choice.

    Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FABULOUS, Alison! Shopping one's stash is way overrated, in my opinion. After all the work you put into making all of these blocks and assembling the quilt top, it would have been such a waste to settle on an "okay" fabric rather than seeking out the perfect green to make those rolling star blocks pop! I am in quilty love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green really does make the rolling blocks shine! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, that is a tough decision on the size, but it's a lovely quilt! And you know, now that you've used all your pink scraps, I suppose you'll just have to make some more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty quilt! The green setting triangles is the perfect off-set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty! I love the setting triangles. They set it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh Alison, that is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!