Monday, January 1, 2018

Brutal Honesty {January 2018}

It's that time again! December was not terribly productive as far as my WIPs go, but it's December and I was busy eating cookies. Here are the ladies of Honey, Bunny, and Doll all dressed up for Christmas Eve church:

Honey (Mom), Bunny (me), and Doll (Amanda)

These were my December goals:
1. Finish both Blue in Bloom quilts - Done and done!
2. Finish Farmer's Wife quilt - I still need to bind this one but the quilt IS in my possession.
3. Decide if I want any quilts long-arm quilted - I took my Top Spin to be long arm quilted.

Here are all of my WIPS and if their status has changed since I posted in December

Ready to bind:
1. Farmer's Wife Quilt (RSC 2016 project) -- Both this and #2 were picked up over Christmas. I plan to use the backing to bind this quilt.
2. Gathering Mystery Quilt with Cora's Quilts -- Same as #1, have fabric set aside for binding.

Being long arm quilted:
3. Top Spin -- Dropped off with my mom, will have either a purple or green extra wide backing.

Ready to be quilted:
4. Summer on the Coast Quilt -- Top complete and backing purchased.
5. Traveling Quilt Bee (2016) -- My sister and mom worked together and added a border to this quilt which I will show soon!

Tops partially finished:
6. Bonnie and Camille Coast to Coast Bee -- No progress
7. Romantic Garden Quilt -- No progress
8. Monthly Wall Hangings -- No progress

Just blocks:
9. Pineapple Stash Bee Blocks -- No progress
10. Sew Kitschy Blocks -- No progress
11. Mini Monthly Wall Hangings -- No progress
12. Happy Houses blocks -- No progress
13. Birthstone blocks -- No progress
14. Donuts quilt -- No progress

Quilt alongs and long term projects
15. Magnolia Mystery QAL -- The finishing directions are now out, but I haven't touched this yet.
16. Monthly Island Batik Ambassador projects -- I finished my December project and my January blog hop project is well underway! I will be one of the stops in the first week of the hop (January 8th) and I will have a fun giveaway of some beautiful new fabric!


17. On Ringo Lake Mystery QAL -- I have currently completed clues #1-4 and have cut clue #5 and clue #6. The quilt top reveal was today and I am very excited!


New projects started:
18. Baby quilt for Claire -- my friends had a baby girl two days after Christmas and of course she needs a quilt! I have been posting progress pictures on Instagram!


My goal for January is to finish both of the quilts that I brought home from the long arm quilter. One is twin sized and one is queen sized. I'm not sure if I will do them entirely by machine or partially by hand yet.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are set up for two big finishes this month. I look forward to the reveal / finish posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you are making good progress, I look forward to seeing what you create and show in January!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating cookies is something you definitely have to do when at Mom's (I probably ate more than my share over the holiday!). Good luck with your January goals. Sounds like you've got a great start on 2018.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!