Friday, December 8, 2017

Blue in Bloom {Finished Green Version}

Hip hip hooray! The first of my two throw-sized Blue in Bloom quilts is finished!


These quilts were the two things that I worked on when I went on retreat in August. I finished both the tops before Labor Day but since then I've had a lot of deadlines and quilting these has gotten pushed back further than I originally would have liked.


All of the fabric in this green version came from my stash other than the green dot-stripe print, which I bought 5 yards of in the summer so that I could use it in both the top and the backing. A few of the fabrics are coordinates but I can't really tell you their origin story.


For the quilting, I did a large meander with six-petaled flowers. I've used this quilting motif for a number of quilts recently, but this time I used a much larger meander and flowers and the quilting on this went so fast! The green binding is also from my stash -- it's the same as the purple print in the quilt, just green!


Now to head back into the sewing room to start the quilting on its blue twin!


Quilt Stats:
Pattern: Blue in Bloom, throw size
Size: 55" x 75"
Fabrics: mainly from stash, Kona Oyster for background
Quilting: meanders with daisies

Sharing at Finish It Up Friday!

8 comments:

  1. It turned out beautifully, Alison! I hope the blue version finishes up quickly and easily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Purple and green is such an interesting combination, I would never have thought to put them together but they look great in your quilt. The quilting complements the bloom theme perfectly. Hope to see its "twin" soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and fresh! Isn't it amazing how much faster the quilting goes if you make the motif just a little bit bigger? Love that flower design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely quilt! Great colour combos, and wonderful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! I just love that green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt, and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! on your newly completed quilt. LOVE that border treatment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty quilt! Love that green!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!