Saturday, April 9, 2016

Peachy Keen {RSC April 2016}

It's another Scrappy Saturday parade of Farmer's Wife blocks and April is our month for orange.

This week I had one tedious block and three easy ones.


#38 -- Four Winds, #39 -- Friendship
#40 -- Friendship Block, #41 -- Friendship Star

The names for these ones aren't super creative, as you can see! I decided to use grey for the background of the Four Winds block because I needed a lot of it and didn't want to use up one of my peach fabrics too early in the month.

I also really like the Friendship block because I was able to use the pansy fabric! Some of these blocks aren't suited to be used with larger scale prints so I really like it when there are a few blocks where I can fit one in.

Now I have eight blocks done for this month:


I'm very happy with my sprinkling of black accents thus far and have planned out my last three blocks for this month and will hopefully finish those tomorrow.

Sharing at Scrap Happy Saturday and Sew Cute Tuesday!

11 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great! I really like the pansies, and the stripes in the star points. I'm looking forward to seeing the final quilt with all these lovely blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blend of scrappy goodness. Especially like the basket blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty blocks! How do you plan to use them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely collection of ORANGE blocks you have going there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. little bunny... have you been tempted to do colorful bunnies?? (say yes)
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Four Winds block looks very nice with the gray background. It sets off the complex design. I like the way you use rust and peach, the shades and tints of orange. It gives you lots of choices for all those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great variety of blocks. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Four Winds block is really a neat one! Looks like lots of tiny pieces, though! Good job getting through it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another awesome set of blocks. I really like how you used those pansies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely blocks, just tolet you know I have finally finished the row quilt you shared with us, and pleased with it too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blocks! You made great use of your scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!