Monday, April 22, 2013

Faceted.

I dove right into this because, let's face it, I'm a paper piecing junkie.

I started working on my Round Birthstone Block from No Hats in the House. AND IT LOOKS AMAZING!

I decided to not make large blocks (the directions tell you how to make different sizes based on how you enlarge/shrink the pattern) and make the 12 inch blocks. You end up making 8 wedges so I printed two per page.

I was too into making this because I did not stop to take any pictures. Oops. Here's the finished "amethyst" gem:


The next one I make, I promise to take more pictures.

Sharing at:

Fresh Poppy Design
Better Off Thread

10 comments:

  1. Wows. That looks intense. Does the pattern help you with color placement?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your block. However, it looks complicated to make. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! It turned out amazing! Also, I had a hilarious moment as I was flipping through my blog reader just now... I caught a glimpse of the amethyst from your post without seeing whose it was, so I thought to myself, "Oh no! Someone else has come up with a really similar gemstone design!" because I couldn't believe you already churned one out! ;) So *very* excited to see where this is going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I love the purple shades. What are you going to do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just learned how to paper piece over the weekend, and I can see how addicting it can be!! I might need another practice piece (or thirty!) before I can jump to something like this, though - it's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool! I am totally adding it to the list of things to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a jewel!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!