Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I Love Argyle

I started a project that I have been anticipating for almost two years. I collected Kitty Yoshida's City Girl in coral and took a while before I found the Tula Pink Honey Honey pattern and knew it was perfect. The whole pile has been sitting on my shelf since I moved to PA in an effort to finish my WIPs.

So after finishing the top of Park Ranger Boyfriend's Civil War quilt, I felt like I could start a new project with a clean conscience. Plus, I found some of the coordinate fabrics on the $3.95 sale at Fabric.com last week. (More on that tomorrow.)

But as usual, I forget to take pictures of every step. Drat. Here's one picture of in progress from making the patch diamonds and putting the first border on them.



Here's my completed blocks laid out on the wood floor:


The pattern calls for 39 blocks, but I plan to use up as much of the fabric as I can and keep making blocks. I have 41 blocks made so far, and have center strip sets ready for 14 more blocks.

I've been doing the math trying to figure out how many blocks I will need for a bigger quilt. I do have fabric reserved for a border and for a backing, but I might have to piece a back if this thing ends up as big as I think it might.

Awesome.

Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

3 comments:

  1. I never remember to take pictures of the process either. Can't wait to see how it all comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also an argyle girl, so I'm loving what I'm seeing here. Have you thought about how you are going to quilt it? Btw, the fabric is so cute. Gotta love some Tula Pink! : ) Can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw the picture I thought you had sewn them together wonky and wondered how you did that but now I see they are tossed on the floor. Looks like you are well on your way to an amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!