I spent this weekend watching football all day both days and finished my January snowman wall hanging!
Here's a picture of the wallhanging once I finished all of the satin stitching:
I took some time to whip stitch some of my batting scraps to use for battings for these little wall hangings. Nothing like being resourceful!
For the quilting I used Leah Day's Tangle of Lights quilting pattern as my inspiration to quilt this project but I used 6 pointed stars instead of 8 pointed stars. I wasn't able to get the greatest picture of the quilting for this one but hopefully this one will suffice!
For the back, I used a half yard of a stashed light blue fabric and a piece of a blue and cream print that I had also used on the front. Since these wall hangings end up about 21 inches wide, a half yard is just a touch too small and so I had to piece this one. Some of the other ones I might use yard pieces, but I will probably piece most of them just to save on fabric. Plus they will be on the wall side, so I'll probably be the only one that sees them!
I used the leftover fabric from the backing for the binding as well -- I only had about 4 inches extra binding! Nothing like cutting it close! I still need to add on the buttons for his eyes and on his chest but otherwise he is done being embellished.
I didn't add a hanging sleeve, but I used the corner pocket method that lots of people have done tutorials on but a good explanation is here.
I'm also looking for some more participants for a 2.5 inch strip swap that I am hosting! Pop over to the Flickr group to sign up!
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday, Linky Tuesday, and Free Motion Mavericks!