Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Best of Moda Bake Shop -- Pillow Parade Hop {Finished Pillow and More Big News}

 Yesterday was my day to share on the Best of Moda Bake Shop Pillow Parade on Instagram, so today I thought I would share my finished pillow!


If you have the book, I made a pillow out of a single block featured in the quilt without additional sashing. I made the block using scraps left over from the original quilt and added in a solid green background fabric that coordinated with the prints in the collection. 

I used some scrap batting and scrap white solid fabric to quilt the the block for the front of the pillow.


I quilted the block with the same chrysanthemum motif as I used for the quilt. I then trimmed the quilt block into a square.


For the envelope back, I used the same fabric that is used for the backing for the quilt. 

Now my lovely quilt has a lovely pillow friend!

We are nearing the end of the pillow parade, but if you missed any of the posts, check out the hashtag #mbspillowparade on Instagram. Each designer from the book made a pillow using the block(s) from their quilt. 

If you missed my other "big post" on Instagram, here's an update:

Not only did my sister have a baby in June, I am having a baby in October! This picture is from about a week ago when my nephew made his first trip to Aunt Alison's house. I have had to give up my dedicated sewing room and move my sewing space into our guest room, but I think that this compromise was definitely worth it.

I'm also planning to list some quilts for sale via Instagram later this week if you are looking for a gift or special treat for yourself! 

Happy Tuesday!


6 comments:

  1. What an interesting block for large prints, Alison. Makes a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great block. Most of all CONGRATULATIONS about the baby. Cousins to be what fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the coming baby, and love the block and quilt. Nancy A: SewingGranda@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the floral prints in your pillow, both front and back. Sorry you are losing your sewing room but for such a great reason! And so great that your baby and your nephew will be so close in age. My son and my niece are 2 months apart and it's so much fun, though would be even better if we didn't live on opposite sides of the country.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!