Friday, July 3, 2020

Chrysanthemum Quilt {Finished Quilt}

I am so excited today to show off my finished Chrysanthemum quilt!

This is my June Island Batik Ambassador project -- I used fabrics from the Primo line by Ebony Love for the piecing and solid white batik for the backing. I used stash builder strips cut in half for the binding.


For the quilting, I used a peach Aurifil 50 wt. thread in both the top and bobbin. I obviously used a crysanthemum motif for the free motion quilting!


I am pretty resolved that this year there won't be a QAL given that life has been crazy busy but that this pattern will likely be the QAL for 2021. It's just that much fun of a pattern!


I did just use the white solid batik as my backing this time around because it was basically the best choice I had on hand to back this quilt. I'm guessing if you've been like me the last few months, the name of the game in the sewing room is making due with whatever you have on hand without having to go shopping!

This will likely be a keeper quilt for me because I love it just that much!


Quilt Stats:
Name: Chrysanthemum throw quilt
Pattern: Chrysanthemum -- by me, will eventually be a real pattern
Fabrics: Primo by Ebony Love for Island Batik, white solid backing
Techniques: free motion quilting, HSTs, strip piecing
Quilting: Free motion chrysanthemum quilting
Batting: Hobbs 80/20 batting
Size: 75 inches square
Started: April 2020
Finished: July 2020
Future: TBD

9 comments:

  1. I can see why this is a keeper, Alison! Lovely design and I was hoping the quilting motif would match the name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, and it does make me think of Chrysanthemums!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finish. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous, I love how the aqua churn dash just pop off the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it definitely looks like a keeper. Love the teal in it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely quilt! Isn't it great when you finish a quilt and know it's a 'keeper'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Very excited to join in whenever you do a QAL. What's the background fabric in the top? I love it with the colors in Primo. Your chrysanthemum quilting is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would keep it, too! It's gorgeous. Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a keeper, it's gorgeous. If it's next year's quilt along, that will have to go on next year's list as a planned project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!