Monday, April 27, 2020

Daisy Chain Baby -- Part II {New Project}

With a bunch of friends having babies in 2020, it's time to start making baby quilts!

The first quilt I have on my list is for a baby girl that's due in July. I made my baby sized Daisy Chain quilt for her older sister two years ago so I thought it would be a perfect choice to make the new baby the same quilt in different colors!

I pulled out a bag of fabrics left over from a quilt that I made last year (that I haven't gotten to show off yet!) that was a mish-mash of yardage and the stubs from jelly roll strips.


The dark teal print will be the four patch "chains", the pink will be the stars, and the green print will be the border and potentially the binding.

I started by working on the different four patches needed for the quilt, starting with the teal four patches and then making the four patches for the cross blocks.



Next, I decided to continue working with my jelly roll stubs and make the linear four patches.


And now I have all four of my cross blocks completed!


Next I will need to do the cutting for the ribbon blocks for the stars, and the star blocks will take slightly more time than the cross blocks, but there's a good chance I could have this quilt top done within a week or two!

Update 8/11/2020 -- This pattern is now available in our Etsy and Payhip shops. Please visit one of those sites to purchase the full pattern.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely color palette and fabric grouping for the quilt. I think it will be fun for the family to have similar quilts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! It's going to be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!