Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Topping it off {October Island Batik Challenge}

This month's Island Batik Ambassador theme is "Top It Off" -- and we are making seasonal table toppers! There have already been a number of adorable projects already posted, too!


I decided to make another Halloween themed table runner -- using our Halloween Spooks pattern! I actually made one table runner using this pattern and some fun non-batik fabrics in May!


This time around, I changed up the color scheme slightly -- I decided to use solid black batik in place of the green prints and use some of the other applique designs included in the pattern.


This time, I decided to use the pumpkin and candy corn applique templates. The color scheme is "candy corn" and black!


I used various orange, yellow, and white fabrics for the scrappy piecing. I strip pieced the sections and placed my fabrics sort of randomly, but used slightly more orange fabric than yellow and white.


Now comes doing the machine applique stitching of my applique blocks and putting the table runner together! One slight wrinkle will be the length -- the pieced table runner is 45" -- so I will probably need to piece the backing.

This weekend was full of activities so I was not doing a lot of sewing, so hopefully this week I can squeeze in a bit more sewing.

Sharing at What I Made Monday and Moving it forward Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Love the candy corn element! I can't wait to see your finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be sweet! It will be fun to see your finished runner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for the season! Love the scrappy candy corns.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!