Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Brutal Honesty {October 2019}

September was slightly less productive than July and August but I am excited about quilting some of my long-waiting quilts this month after getting backings for two completed tops.

I have finished my Moxi charm pack quilt, but I have not been able to get pictures of it yet!

Completed tops:
1. Breezy Blooms C2C Bee -- July UFO project -- I ordered and received the fabric I plan to use for the backing of this quilt! Now to start planning how to quilt it.
2. Radiant Jewel Quilt -- April UFO project -- I got the backing fabric for this quilt too! Hooray!
3. Daisy Chain Quilt -- no progress

Tops partially finished:
4. Romantic Garden Quilt -- no progress
5. Monthly Wall Hangings -- March UFO project -- no progress
6. Pineapple Stash Bee Blocks -- February UFO project -- no progress

Just blocks and units:
7. Sew Kitschy Blocks -- no progress
8. Cubicle Quilts -- no progress
9. Happy Houses blocks -- September UFO project -- no progress
10. Birthstone blocks -- June UFO project -- no progress
11. Jingle Bell Square -- no progress
12. Big Block C2C Bee Quilt -- no progress
13. Marigold Quilt -- no progress
14. Pave the Way Quilt -- no progress

Quilt alongs and long term projects:
15. Monthly Island Batik Ambassador projects -- In September, I made an Ohio Star baby quilt (or small throw) using Quiet Shades fabrics. This month our theme is applique table toppers. I have a whole collection of Honey, Bunny, and Doll patterns for table runners and place mats that feature applique! Which one should I choose?


16. Mosaic Mystery Quilt -- I have completed the September directions and am ready for the October directions to come out on Thursday! I'll do a real update post on this project once I complete my October units.



New projects:
17. Faceted Churn Dash -- Our "sort of QAL" on Facebook is in full swing. I have been making a LOT of HSTs.


18. Not Quite Christmas Ribbons -- I have been making units for this project and it is going a *lot* faster than I anticipated!


My UFO for September was my Happy Houses blocks. I did not make any progress on this project.

My UFO for October will be making use of some of my orphaned blocks and abandoned projects that I don't have listed as UFOs. Some of the orphaned blocks will be made into table runners and mini quilts -- and this will also hopefully use up some batting scraps as well.

1 comment:

  1. Progress is progress even if things didn't get done. You picked a beautiful set of fabrics for the Mosaic Mystery. Good luck with this month's plans and projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!