Friday, September 27, 2019

Weaving Ribbons {Scrappy Sewing}

I have been a busy scrappy-sewing bee over the last few weeks!

I shared about the beginning of this project last week -- and have lots of progress to show today!


I am making a smaller version of the Christmas Ribbons pattern from Kim Brackett's Scrap Basket Surprises book. I've estimated that I can make half as many blocks as the original pattern with the background fabric that I have. I know that I cut more blue, brown, and green rectangles than I probably need, but I would rather not have to cut more later.

The blocks are made up of two different units; I used the cut triangles in lieu of the stitch and flip squares.


Some of these fabrics are long-time hangers-on! See the brown and white print on the top of both piles? That fabric was originally bought all the way back in 2011 and used in my Secret Window mystery quilt! (I should get this quilt out for the fall!)

Over the weekend, I'm hoping to get these units turned into larger blocks -- each block has two of each unit.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway here!

Join us for the Faceted QAL on Facebook!

Sharing at Oh Scrap!

1 comment:

  1. You've really been moving along on those scrap projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!