Friday, September 6, 2019

Mosaic Mystery Quilt {Cutting}

As alluded to in my latest Brutal Honesty post, I am participating in the Mosaic Mystery Quilt hosted by Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs!


As I have done for many QALs in the past, I have pulled all of the fabric for this quilt from my stash. This time, that comes with a slight caveat -- these fabrics came all together as a kit for another pattern! The kit was given to me by someone downsizing some of their stash and I gladly accepted!

The majority of the kit was fat quarters and half yard cuts, in different shades of burgundy, pink, green, and brown. The large piece of green-on-white print that I will be using for my background actually seems to be intended for the backing of the kit pattern based on the yardage listings.


For my fabric A, I picked a half yard piece of a green, brown, and white print. For my fabric B, I pulled four burgundy fat quarters (but actually only cut into three). For Fabric C, I pulled eight fat quarters of pinks -- two each of four different fabrics. I cut one of each fabric for the piecing, and have the others set aside to maybe use as the border.

I didn't even use all of the fabrics from the kit! I have another large cut of burgundy which is large enough for the binding as well as a few more fat quarters. For now, I'll be sticking with the above fabrics for my quilt, but reserve the right to change my mind and mix some of the other fabrics in.

Here are all of my cut fabrics:


For the burgundy fabrics and the pink fabrics, I did actually use multiple fat quarters, but since I cut the fat quarters stacked four each other, you can only see the top of the stacks. I absolutely love the background fabric and wish I had a whole bolt of it!

Yesterday the first cutting directions came out and that will have to wait until next week (at the earliest) since we are traveling this weekend for a wedding.

Sharing at Moving it Forward!

3 comments:

  1. This is going to be so pretty Allison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabrics you've picked are gorgeous. I can't wait to see what the quilt is going to look like. I've so far not had the courage to do a mystery quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!