Thursday, June 27, 2019

Pineapple Day Quilt {Quilt Top}

It's quilt fashion show day for the Pineapple Day Quilt Along with the Fat Quarter Shop!


For my quilt, I did not use the official layout. Instead of sewing my 6" and 12" blocks into rows, I sewed my 6" blocks into pairs. I then interspersed my 6" pairs among my columns of 12" blocks and my quilt before borders was 48" wide by 60" long. I added the 4.5" borders as directed in the pattern, but my finished quilt is just slightly shorter than the pattern.




I absolutely loved working with these pineapple papers (especially the 6" size!) and am excited to use them again in the future for other scrappy projects.

Check out many of the finished quilts here!



3 comments:

  1. It turned out really super, Alison! Lots of movement and interest for the eye. I love those pretty blues and greens :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a very fun and pretty finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!