Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Early April Showers {Finished Quilt Top}

Here in Pennsylvania, there's been a lot of rain and a lot of snow since about mid-January. I think we've gotten our share of April Showers and we're only in the second week of March!

I also have April Showers on the brain because I have *finally* (yes, finally!) finished the quilt top of my Coast to Coast Traveling Bee quilt from 2017 -- made mainly from the April Showers line from Bonnie and Camille!

Here's the quilt the when it returned to me in 2017:


This quilt will likely live in the guest room (which is red and white, with a bit of navy -- as it is my husband's baseball room too) on the queen bed, so it needed to have just a *bit* of a border. Because the fabric line came out years ago, yardage of it was no where to be found at a reasonable price (since I'd like to keep both of my kidneys) so I found a similarly colored print from a Cluck Cluck Sew line.

I cut 3" strips and got to adding the borders. (I actually only needed 9 strips instead of the 10 that I cut -- I probably could have cut wider strips had I realized this sooner.)


Finally, a finished quilt top!



Now to decide how it will be quilted... hopefully that part won't take two years to accomplish!

Sharing at Let's Bee Social!

7 comments:

  1. I love this quilt. Can't wait to see it completed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS! Did you say this was a Round Robin quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks SOOOO good. SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great finishing touch! It's such a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. For the love of geese

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yes -- I remember this one well! I love the last addition before the quilt was returned to you. It's so good ... I need to do something comparable with a future quilt project.

    As for "I actually only needed 9 strips ... I probably could have cut wider strips," that's the story of my life, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on getting the quilt top finished! I love how this group effort came together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!